This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a Doctors Sickness Certificate for any illness lasting 7 days or less. Your employer may however, require you to complete a Self Certification Form (5C2) which is available from your employer.

For any illness lasting more than 7 days you will need to see a Doctor for the issue of a Sickness Certification Form (Med 3) and for any subsequent renewal of this certificate.

Open sick certificate from HMRC

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website